This article will demonstrate how to convert MSWMM file to AVI, MP4, 3GP, MPG, WMV video format, convert MSWMM file to YouTube FLV video, convert MSWMM file to iPod video and burn MSWMM to DVD disc. It is composed of the following three parts:
Note: If you want to know about how to import DVD into Windows Movie Maker, please go to: How to import DVD movie clips into Windows Movie Maker?
Note: If you want to convert video files on a Mac, you can download Clone2Go Video Converter for Mac to help you.
A *.MSWMM is a project file of Windows Movie Maker; it is not a video file (more like a record file). You can open *.MSWMM file in Windows Movie Maker(click "File -> Open Project Project...") and save the movie to your computer: go to the "Tasks" bar, click "Finish Movie" and then click "Save to my computer".
Then Windows Movie Maker will ask you to enter a file name for your movie and choose a folder to save your movie. The movie will be saved as a WMV file in the PC.
You may wonder how to upload your Windows Movie Maker project(.*MSWMM) to YouTube or watch the movie on your iPod. All you need to do is convert the MSWMM file to video format. After you have saved the MSWMM file to your computer hard drive(in the folder you chose in "Part 1") as WMV video, you can now begin to convert the WMV file to the specific video format you need.
The software you need is Clone2Go Video Converter.
The steps are quite simple:
1. Import the WMV file to the program.
2. Choose an output format. For example, if you want to watch the movie on iPod, you can choose "iPod MPEG-4" as the output format.
3. Start to convert.
To learn more about how to use Clone2Go Video Converter, please go to: How to convert AVI MKV WMV ASF 3GP RM RMVB FLV to iPod/iPhone/Zune/PSP?
If you want to burn MSWMM to DVD, you will need DVD authoring software. Here, I'd recommend using Photo DVD Burner Professional. Below is the screenshot of this program:
Let's take a look at how it performs:
1. Click "Organize" -> "Add Video Clips..." to import the converted video into the program. Note: Photo DVD Burner Professional only supports .avi video format. So you need to convert MSWMM to AVI file in Step 2. You also need to set the "video codec" to "msmpeg4v2" before conversion.
2. Go to the "Choose Menus" tab to choose a DVD menu template. You can also specify background music and background image, set font style, size, color, etc to customize the menu template.
3. Go to the "Burn Disc" tab to start burning videos to DVD.